UK Newswire Archive
03-09-2011 14:33cant find the fascist scumbags on the street
ring them and find out where they are
03-09-2011 14:30According to http://pastie.org/2476139 and twitter account TeaMp0isoN, this is a list of EDL phone numbers. Please do not treat as verified information.
BCfm’s weekly politics show
At five: discussing the big stories in Bristol, Britain and around the world
After six: straight talking and investigative reports with Martin Summers
From 2-5 October 2011 the Conservative Party are coming to Manchester to hold their annual conference. All eyes will be on this city as the Tory’s analyse their progress in implementing their disastrous program of public sector spending cuts, and reveal plans for the years ahead. This conference should not go unopposed. We intend to make the opposition to the cuts and the widely shared belief in a better alternative future visible, and we’d like to do this with you!
03-09-2011 00:09Next Meeting Squatters Housing action group
Monday 12th Sept 6-8pm at Passing Clouds
02-09-2011 23:13Sign Petition to resist the criminalisation of squatting
02-09-2011 22:01One of the U.K.’s leading animal rights activists has been served a ‘Section 49’ notice in an attempt to force him to reveal the secret encryption code for his laptop computer.
02-09-2011 21:28Force used by Israel was 'excessive' even if legal.
A way to end the blockade and is suggested
An email leaked to local anti-cuts group North Edinburgh Fights Back had Councillor Elaine Morris of the SNP calling community activists involved in t
Dale Farm Bulletin: JOIN US AT DALE FARM!
Look around Dale Farm today you will find a community of increasingly stressed and sleepless but undefeated residents: grandparents, parents, children, and babies living close together, supporting each other, and welcoming into their midst supporters of all ages and backgrounds:
Altogether so many thoughtful, considerate, and inspiring people who are part of many different humanitarian, political, religious, and mutually supportive communities and groups who don’t want to stand by while hundreds of Travellers are brutally and senselessly evicted from their homes.
So join us for the weekend and beyond if you can!
There’s loads to do…
1. Come to Dale Farm – see here<http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/two-communites-celebrating-together/
for a little clip of life on Dale Farm and at Camp Constant. Directions to the site are here: http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/contact/
2. On Sunday, Sept 4th at 12 noon [note time change]: join the "Jewish Solidarity visit to Dale Farm" — it’s important that cultures with a shared history of oppression support each other when our fundamental human rights face being breached. That is why this Sunday, Jewish rabbis, citizens and activists will be on site for a special blockade in support of
residents at Dale Farm.
3. There is a workshop, on Sunday Sept. 4th, 2pm, at Dale Farm: "Freedom of Movement and the Right to Stay!" This is the rallying cry for Roma, Gypsies and Travellers and of migrants throughout the world. A common thread of persecution, of forbidden lands, eviction and deportation connect the struggles for migrant rights and the rights of Gypsies and Travellers. These realities have met dramatically in the crack-down and deportations of Roma people from France and Italy. Come to the Workshop organised by No One Is Illegal and London No Borders including a speaker who is an activist in Amnesty International’s campaign against the persecution of Roma in Europe.
4. Check the webpage for stuff that’s needed* on site that you could donate/bring along, see here: http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/tat-needed/
5. If you can’t get to us in person, and you are able, please donate http://dalefarm.wordpress.com/donate/ – the residents want to be sure there is a strong and constant presence of supporters on site, and that means feeding and supporting people there.
6. Demonstration Saturday 10th September*, 1pm, Wickford Station - *Stop Basildon Council Tories and the Home Office Wasting Millions Bulldozing Dale Farm. *This is only a week away, and we need help spreading the word to make it as big as possible, on facebook
('the dale farm demonstration'), twitter, email lists, in meetings. For more info see
The demonstration will go from Wickford Station to Dale Farm, leaving Wickford at 1pm. If you can help with transport or need transport from your area, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
7. After a lengthy consultation, including evidence presented in person in Geneva by Richard Sheridan of Dale Farm, The *UN have released a statement ( http://dalefarm.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/un-dalefarm_statement-1.pdf ) , condemning the eviction of families from Dale Farm, when no alternative land has been found for the families to live on and so that the community will be made homeless. The UN statement also condemned media misrepresentations of the Traveller community and the situation facing families at Dale Farm. The UN statement asked the UK government to intervene to prevent this injustice.
02-09-2011 17:17In the five years since the Mexican government declared the “War on Drug Trafficking” at least 40,000 people have been killed, countless tens of thousands have been kidnapped and entire towns and neighbourhoods have been depopulated. Mexico's conflict is the deadliest in the Western Hemisphere, and is the most dangerous place in the world for journalists.
02-09-2011 16:35Given the daily mail brigade who trashed this young woman's reputation forever won't have the common decency to print a prominent and full retraction, I am putting the story on indymedia in the hope that we can remove from our society the assumption that this woman carried out sickening acts, and in the hope that we can come to understand more the life-plundering relationship between the cops and corporate media.
02-09-2011 16:14The RMT (the Rail, Maritime & Transport Workers Union) has threatened industrial action if the EDL try to use public transport to gather people for their demo in Tower Hamlets tomorrow. This has forced the EDL to change plans yet again to the point where none of their own followers has a clue what's going on tomorrow. A shambles :D
As is the case with so many issues, people tend to stand strong and argue a position or voice an opinion about an event like 9/11. But, when questioned about the many details surrounding that event they have no answers. They are clueless. And they are, in the end, dumbfounded.
The term "conspiracy theorist", perhaps the most misapplied description in our vernacular, is often used to describe 9/11 truthers. Perhaps that term does apply to a segment of the 9/11 truth movement. But in most cases a more accurate description of 9/11 truthers is probably "expert", or "scholar", or "researcher."
02-09-2011 15:26The EDL are marching in tower hamlets on saturday in a move to deliberately provoke racial disturbances in the east end of london. Various counter-demonstrations and antifascist action will be taking place. The purpose of this article is to spread the information that is being gathered, and to provide readers with a list of contact details for pubs the EDL will be using to 'muster', and a template email you can send them. Action will be fast on the day but there are several small things you can do in advance to help fuck them over and undermine their disgusting white man's street-fighting march.
02-09-2011 14:55A new dynamic anarchist grouping has emerged from the Glasgow Uni Occupation. It is open to anyone friendly to the Anarchist Federation Aims and Principles:
Tuesday 6th September 7-9pm.
Room 2 upstairs.
Its booked under the name AF.
Woodside halls is on the junction of Glenfarg Street and Clarendon Street, very near St Georges Cross subway and bus stops.