UK Free Spaces Newswire Archive
27-08-2004 19:39Two High Court bailiffs turned up at 7.35 in the
morning. But there were over 30 people defending the
place. Due to early morning stupidity they nearly got
through the door but got pushed out and dragged away.
The cops arrived and milled about aimlessly. The usual
team of confused builders also turned up but headed
for the cafe (they're getting well known there due to
repeated failed evictions). After faffing about for a
they all left. So we're still here for now!
27-08-2004 18:426 saturday nights of political discussion, films, exhibitions, food, live music & dj’s
Due to Grand Banks eviction, a new venue has been found - see dates below for details.
Saturday 28th August & Saturday 4th September - VENUE: ARCHWAY THEATRE, Archway roundabout, behind methodist church, opp. Archway station.
11th, 18th & 25th September: VENUE tba
26-08-2004 22:37How easy is it to breach to Terrorism Act? To test the waters, Yakoub Islam has decided to set up a blog detailing his plans to commit a minor act of terrorism outside Parliament sometimes in the near future. MI5 have already been notified of the blog via their website.
26-08-2004 20:24Canterbury British Telecom Building occupants finally at the wire after about a month tomorrow. Eviction notice passed by judge this morning due to no-one coming up with a valid reason to be trespassing. This despite current occupants cleaning up mess of previous occupiers and banning herion users. On the bright side, perhaps due to the improved state of building, no charges for damages followed up.
26-08-2004 17:53Yes, it's that time again! The next Indymedia writing workshop is coming up...
26-08-2004 12:41The European Creative Forum Presents
A Special 9/11
A FREE FESTIVAL FOR PEACE! Saturday September 11th (1pm-1am)
The WorldWide Launch of The Best of Anti-War Music 2003-2004
ENTRY BY DONATION or
A Special Launch Edition of PNW Vol.2** + ECF VoAW entrance for £10
BRING FOOD TO SHARE PARTICIPATE WHERE POSSIBLE DRESS TO EXPRESS
Venue rampART Community Creative Centre and Social Space
15-17 Rampart Street, London E1 2LA (see www.rampart.co.nr)
Call the ECF-Visions Hotline 07910 004410
or check the ECF & PNW websites!
PEACE > PAIX > PACE > PAZ > BARIS > FRIEDEN > SHALOM > SALAM > MIR > UDO > HEDDWEN!
26-08-2004 01:26Somewhat short notice as usual but...
Tonight (thursday 26th)
- a screening of bits of The Miami Model (http://ftaaimc.org/miamimodel) the film the NYPD shut down a few days ago... http://www.indybay.org/archives/archive_by_id.php?id=2377&category_id=12
- a screening of resistance to eviction of the 10 year old squatted EUSKAL JAI AURRERA social centre in the basque country (see http://barcelona.indymedia.org)
- a screening of the video journals from zapatista style DNC2RNC democracy uprising march that arrives in New York this evening for the Republican National Convention (see http://www.dnc2rnc.org for details)
- plus a workshop on subtitling and translating video...
25-08-2004 22:46Due to the eviction of the Ex Grand Bank Occupied Social Centre this morning, Thursday's Autonomous / Self Organised Spaces meeting for the ESF has been moved to LARC:
24-08-2004 14:03Of course which is not new and even still not a project…
Project which will be opened soon (hopefully this week) will look for people interested in:
- getting involved in the project happening inside
- helping out (incl. staying overnights/throug the day)
Anyone interested call 0789 739 2160
And check more details at http://bombless.cjb.net/
24-08-2004 07:22A short memo in response to the Home Secretary's refusal to take a more open approach to the 'war on terror', on the grounds that it would make him look ridiculous!
24-08-2004 01:30“Man is by nature a political animal.” Aristotle
A lot of very bright and well intentioned people talk about anarchy as a solution to political problems. They are barking up the wrong tree...
24-08-2004 00:22Here are reports from the weekly rampart meeting plus the first video/filmmaking workshop and coming events...
22-08-2004 20:42Below are details of future events at the rampart squatted social centre in the next few days/weeks (get involved. Weekly meetings, Monday 6pm)
* Monday 23rd - Camcorder activism gathering/workshop
* Tuesday 24th – Dinner and Debate : ‘Anarchy, Freedom and Democracy’
* Wednesday 25th - Free Community Cinema : ‘They Live / Reclaim the Media’
* September 4th – Benefit Gig with Gertrude
After heavily armed police forces have evicted the 10 year old occupied autonomously organised youth and community centre "Euskal Jai" (means something like "Basque party") last monday, the massive resistance against the attacks on the self-organised structures does not stop.