Concerned Citizens Information Network www.ccin.info
REPEAL the extremely dangerous, Hitlerian CIVIL CONTINGENCIES ACT (enacted 18th November 2004)
Scaremongering, and using other unethical tactics which severely limited Parliamentary debate, the New Labour Government -- with the connivance of the hierarchies of the other major Parties -- pushed through the most dangerous Bill in the history of Britain.
Strikingly reminiscent of Adolf Hitler's Enabling Act which allowed him to legally set up a dictatorship, the Civil Contingencies Act is a flat-out Dictatorship Act.
MPs did nothing to protect British democracy and civil rights. Many Peers denounced the "absolute power" granted by the Bill, but did nothing. Lord Lucas even warned, "We are signing our death warrant as a democracy", but he did next to nothing.
The unconscionable Civil Contingencies Act, believe it or not:
* allows Government ministers to call for a State of Emergency for almost any reason under the sun
* allows the Government, under the Emergency, to make, amend or repeal Acts of Parliament as if It were Parliament and Crown --- the powers of an absolute dictatorship
[Hitler's Enabling Act, article 2: "Laws decided by the Government of the Reich may deviate from the provisions of the constitution." Blair's Enabling Act, clause 22 (3): Emergency regulations may make provision of any kind that could be made by Act of Parliament or by exercise of the Royal Prerogative."; and may (clause 22, 3, j) "disapply or modify an enactment or a provision made under or by virtue of an enactment".]
--- would therefore allow by decree the surrender of the British nation to the European Union empire; approval for GM food and crops; privatisation of pensions and the NHS, etc.
* allows the ordering of any individual to do, or not do, almost anything demanded by the Government
* allows the confiscation or destruction of property without compensation (including farm animals and pets, bank accounts and stock, anything you own ("property")
* allows the banning of people meeting together (based on other legislation, this may mean a gathering of more than 2 persons)
* allows the prohibition of movement, or can compel movement (can keep you confined to your house, or force you out of it)
* allows the cutting off of communication between you and others
* allows a prison sentence for "failing to comply" with any order (and do not forget here the confiscation-of-property-without-compensation threat)
* allows the deployment of the Army
As the Earl of Onslow said in Parliament, this legislation is unnecessary, for emergencies can be handled with current laws.
No-one dreamt of such a Hitlerian Bill during World War I, World War II, and the Northern Ireland Troubles. Only the New Labour Government (that persistently lied about Iraq and waged a war of aggression there) has done it.
There has been a corrosion of the moral fabric of British government -- MPs, Peers, Judiciary.
The Citizens of Great Britain must become informed, and politically activated, to understand and devotedly oppose the immense dangers the United Kingdom faces from Without (the giant corporation-dominated EU empire) and from Within.
Action to Repeal the Civil Contingencies Act:
(a) Inform and activate others
(b) Contact newspapers about it -- especially the Independent, the Telegraph, the Guardian and the Daily Mail.
(c) Call, write, meet with your MP (preferably with one, two or three other people) about this. (MPs have proven shockingl ignorant on the subject, having voted for something they knew little if anything about, swallowing the Blair New Labour lie that it was a mere updating of old legislation.)
(d) Direct Action --- publicise this Hitlerian Act