wafa fwlt | 05.06.2002 05:10
on the Palestinian Arena
Ramallah June 4th 2002 Wafa; Below is a brief of the major events and developments of the past 24 hours on the Palestinian arena:
· The Israeli occupation forces invaded the Jenin suburb of Sabah Alkhair and arrested the Palestinian citizen Hasan Attayeb (35) from Jenin Refugee Camp.
· The Israeli occupation forces demolished the house of the martyr Shadi Nejme’s family, in the Refugee Camp of Al’ain near Nablus.
· Last evening the Israeli occupation forces stationed inside the city of Qalqilya, opened their machinegun fire towards the Emergency Hospital destroying the municipal Library located in the hospital and breaking the windows, where only by pure luck there were no human casualties amongst the patients who thought that the hospital was a safe place for the sick and wounded people.
· The freed Palestinian prisoner Nawaf Abu Setta (22) who was released from prison after 7 years of imprisonment in the Nafha desert prison, carried a letter from the rest of the prisoners in which they declared that they are to commence a hunger strike protesting the Israeli prison management’s ill-treatment to the Palestinian prisoners where they humiliate them on daily bases and for no reason other than oppressing their moral. The prisoners said that the over crowded prison has received over 120 new prisoners that lack room and many prisoners need intensive medical care including surgical operations.
· Close to last midnight the Israeli occupation forces invaded the southern section of Rafah city in the Gaza Strip, and demolished a Palestinian residential house near the Palestinian-Egyptian border, using six military bulldozers and two tanks that opened their gunfire towards the local citizens destroying several houses and intimidating the inhabitants.