Romney vetoed elevators for the disabled.. now he's adding elevators for his cars to his 2 story garage at his 5th home
1. While Romney claimed in the debate he worked well with political opponents, Romney had a record breaking 844 vetoes as governor of Massachusetts. 707
were overridden by the legislature. There were several instances of unanimous overrides, as the 13% of the legislature who were Republican joined in publicly recording their opposition to his tactics.
2. Romney vetoed a bill which provided elevators to the disabled. Later he would, in his 5th home, a 12 million dollar one, put car elevators in his 2 floor garage.
3. He vetoed a minimum wage bill.
4. He vetoed over the counter access to the morning after pill.
5. He vetoed $220,000 in shelters for the homeless.
6. He vetoed glasses for the poorest of the poor.
7. Shortly after election Romney proposed eliminating preferential hiring for
8. He vetoed a bill recognizing students' right to refuse to carve up living or
dead animals in biology or premed classes.
9. Romney claimed he worked well with Democrats in Massachusetts. In reality he
was an obstructionist governor whose vetoes were
so commonly overridden that he was an ineffective governor as well.
1 Romney was board member of Damon, a company indicted for Medicare fraud and
fined 83 million dollars.
2. Romney raided pension funds, stole corporate assets. As workers fell into
poverty, Romney became a quarter-billionaire. Can such a man be trusted with the
Social Security Fund?
3. Romney under public scrutiny ended his Swiss bank relationship.
4. Romney is still evading taxes with Cayman Islands accounts.
5. In Massachusetts, Romney cut taxes only for the very rich.
6. Romney as head of Bain Capital bought Clear Channel radio network, itself a
network in violation of original FCC rules. Therefore
his radio station hosts are promoting his campaign 24×4.
7. Romney has raised over a billion dollars for his campaign which means that
after November 6th, he will have profiteered from all the ads that his campaign,
Karl Rove, the Koch Brothers, and Sheldon Adelson have run on Clear Channel
8. Republicans control over 81% of the voting machine companies in the US.
Diebold sold its machines to Dominion of Canada which
arranged for Governor Walker's recall. Election Systems and Software CEO Chuck
Hagel installed himself as a US senator from
Nebraska, counting his own votes. What other country allows the party of the
rich to control the count?
9. Romney's tax plan would give 500 billion in tax cuts to 120,000 families.
JOBS ROMNEY CLAIMS HE IS A JOB CREATOR
1. In his only political experience, Romney as 1 term governor of Massachusetts
brought the unemployment rate down less than 1%
2. In his term, Massachusetts was 47th of 50 states in job creation.
3. Romney fired tens of thousands of people as CEO and sole voting stock holder
of Bain Capital
4. Romney's tax plan would give tax credit to companies outsourcing to China and
5. Romney tried to pressure the Pentagon into giving American jobs to Chinese
1. Romney during the Bush years asked for 50,000 more troops for the illegal
Bush invasion of Iraq. Asked by a reporter about his own military service,he had
none. Asked about his 5 sons, none of them either had military service. Yet he
wanted to send others into harm's way for the agenda of warwagers, war
profiteers and petroplutocrat fat cats.
2. Romney wants the war in Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires, to continue
3. Ryan voted several times for more money for the 3 illegal Bush wars whose cost has been greater than the US deficit and whose cost is a trillion a year in interest to bankers in China, Japan, Israel, Switzerland, the UK, Canada etc.
1. Republican representative Duncan Hunter, candidate for president in 2008,
accused Romney of treason as Romney had tried to pressure the Pentagon into
giving contracts to Chinese army connected Chinese company Huawei.
1. Romney wants 2 TRILLION dollars more spent in corporate welfare to war
2. The federal government had to pay the pensions of workers whose companies he
dismantled and whose pensions he raided.
3. Romney has supported each of the 3 illegal wars of Bush 1 and 2, whose
combined cost is greater than the national deficit.
4. Romney increased the debt of the Massachusetts government.
1. The US is not yet among the 7/8ths of the world's countries which have banned
government murder, the death penalty.
2. Only 8 of 50 US states have murdered prisoners this year. Romney tried and
failed to bring capital punishment back to
1. While some were in Vietnam and others were conscientiously objecting to the
Vietnam war, Romney was in Paris in 1969 telling
French blacks they could not be elders or priests in the Mormon church.
Threatened with a boycott by the NAACP in the 70′s the
church changed its policy.
1. As a counselor and bishop of the Mormon church in Massachusetts, Romney
enforced the Mormon policy that single women who have
given birth must each give her baby to the church for adoption or face
excommunication. That policy is in conflict with the laws of the
1. Women cannot be elders or prists in the Mormon church. Romney has tithed to
this church and enforced its policies.
2. Romney has flipflopped on abortion and prolife issues. Some say that in order
to be elected governor he took a temporary prolife stance.
3. Ryan authored legislation which would deny abortions to the victims of incest
1. Romney and Ryan want to voucherize Medicare, leaving the health of the nation to profit oriented insurance companies which continually try to eliminate those in most need of help.
2.Paul Ryan supports obesity and waste by arranging dairy price subsidies for
Wisconsin dairy farms while
campaigning against such waste. Milk is designed to make a calf a 1000 lb.
animal in a few months
and is a factor in American obesity. http://notmilk.com
1. Romney supports removing regulations re coal. This would continue to crush
workers in mine cave-ins, continue miner killing
methane explosions, black lung disease, acid rain, and add to the thousands
of square miles in WV, KY, PA, OH and other states
which look like barren moonscape because of mountaintop mining which poisons
the watershed, kills animals and destroys their habitat.
2. Romney supports nuclear power, despite Three Mile Island, Fukushima,
Chernobyl, boric acid leaks at nuclear plants in Lake Erie etc.
3. Romney has stated that the government should not support green power. In
effect that means the government should not protect the
citizens nor Mother Earth.
4. Romney does not want subsidies for mass transit. He and the Republican
governors of Wisconsin, Florida and Ohio are pawns of the
industry. The governors have sent back hundreds of millions to Washington in
order that their states continue to be pricegouged by
the oil industry and choked by gas fumes.
In 1997 Romney bought German animal torture company Behring and expanded its
animal research to Miami, Florida renaming it Dade Behring. He invested in
slaughterhouse products, brought brutal rodeo into the nonviolent Olympics, had
an aggressive promotion of toxic animal flesh ads on Clear Channel, refused to
sign a bill acknowledging the right of students to refuse to dissect animals in
biology classes, filled the state wildlife agency with that 4.5% of the
population which hunts,
treated his family dog terribly while breaking Massachusetts law. He has harmed
millions of animals. He said "I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter." Rob
Portman, touted as a possible vice presidential candidate, is a leader of the
drive to bring hunters into the national parks, endangering citizens, their
children, and international tourists, not to mention the animals. Paul Ryan
voted no on protecting horses and burros. Ryan has voted consistently for
rancher and dairy industry subsidies which benefit Wisconsin agribusiness
Romney initiated, despite the protest of many humane societies and animal rights
groups, brutal calf roping rodeos in the Olympics, events in which calves,
horses and bulls have their necks broken, their legs fractured. Romney,
prevented Massachusetts students from avoiding brutal dissection, kept hunters
and fishers disproportionately on Massachusetts agencies, bought vivisection
companies, tithes to the Mormon church which owns the biggest cattle ranch in
1. ANIMALS KILLED IN WARS
Romney has supported and continues to support
every illegal animal-bombing war of our government, (wanting 50,000 more troops
but not his own 5 sons to go to war). In the wars he supported, bears have been
sealed forever into caves in which they hibernated, birds have been burned by
bombs, animals have been blinded, donkeys and dogs have been shot at
checkpoints, dogs have been blown apart as minesniffers, dolphins forced into
being bomb carriers, etc.
2. ROMNEY PURCHASE OR PROMOTION OF ANIMAL RESEARCH (VIVISECTION) COMPANIES
Romney bought a German vivisection company Behring in 1997 as CEO and the only
voting stockholder of Bain Capital, which entity he acquired with the help of
LDS capital. He renamed Behring Dade Behring and expanded its animal research to
include Miami Florida. That company is now Siemens. In addition he invited
vivisector (animal researcher) Bristol Myers Squibb to Massachusetts. He was on
the board of Damon Clinical Laboratories, an animal research company which had
to pay 83 million dollars in fines for Medicare fraud.
3. RYAN ROMNEY'S SELECTED VP CANDIDATE VOTED FOR HUNTING IN OUR NATIONAL PARKS
Paul Ryan, Romney's pick for the Republican VP candidate, voted to bring hunting
to our national parks. Where do you stand, Mr Romney, on Mormon senator Tester,
a cattle rancher, leading the Senate Republican drive to have hunters stalk
animals in our
national parks? In addition, Senator Rob Portman, Romney's debate coach, once
touted by Romney operatives as a vice presidental possibility, is working to
have hunting in our parks, hunting
which endangers tourists, children, and animals.
4. ROMNEY INTRODUCED BRUTAL RODEO OVER OBJECTIONS INTO THE SALT LAKE CITY
OLYMPICS, TURNING THEM INTO BLOOD SPORTS PURVEYORS
Eric Mills of Action For Animals http://afa-online.org was one of a group who
met with Mitt Romney and other animal guardians who asked him not to introduce
brutal rodeo to the Olympics. He would not cancel the rodeo, not even the most
brutal event: calf roping which breaks the necks and legs of the innocent
mammals. The Romneys sat in the stand cheering the calf roping event.
Rodeos frequently break the necks and legs of humans, calves and horses.
5. ROMNEY VETOED A BILL WHICH RECOGNIZES STUDENT RIGHT NOT TO DISSECT ANIMALS
Romney vetoed in 2004 a bill which would honor students' rights not to carve up
living or dead animals in biology and medical school classes. As an explanation
. . . biomedical research is an important component of the CommonwealthÂ's
economy and job creation. This bill would send the unintended message that
animal research is frowned upon."
6. ROMNEY BROKE MASSACHUSETTS LAW IN TRANSPORTING THE FAMILY DOG ON THE ROOF FOR
7. PACKING THE MASSACHUSETTS WILDLIFE AGENCY WITH HUNTERS
Romney appointed a raft of animal unfriendly people to the state Fisheries and
Wildlife Board, says, HSUS, even though Massachusetts voters overwhelmingly
passed a ballot measure calling for more animal protection..
8.ROMNEY SELECTED A BOWHUNTER AS HIS RUNNING MATE
It is indeed ironic that Matthew Scully, author of Dominion, wrote the
convention acceptance of nomination speech for Paul Ryan, since this is what
Matthew Scully has to say about bowhunting.
"Bow hunting is not only cruel, it's highly ineffective, with a 50 percent
crippling loss, leaving victims to bleed to death, die of gangrene, or be killed
by other predators. Some `sport'! When was the last time you saw a Native
American use bow and arrows?
4.5% of Americans hunt, most for meat, some for trophies or to inflict
suffering. The only reason to use an arrow over a rifle is to inflict suffering
9. ROMNEY HAS RECEIVED BY FAR MORE CONTRIBUTIONS FROM BUTCHERS, ANIMAL
RESEARCHERS, FACTORY FARMERS, HUNTERS.
Romney's list of corporate contributions includes thousands of animal abuse
conglomerates such as those who contribute to the socalled Center For Consumer
Freedom, an animal rights attack site.
10. FAST FOOD CONGLOMERATES LOVE ROMNEY
11. ROMNEY IS FINANCIALLY LINKED TO THE MORMON ESTABLISHMENT ANIMAL ABUSE
gave to and received millions from the Mormon establishment whose Utah senators
work to protect the many factory farms, ranches, and slaughterhouse operations
owned by Mormons. Mormon controlled Utah is one of 2 states which have outlawed
the filming of factory farms, slaughterhouses, fur farms, animal research
operations. The LDS church owns the biggest animal concentration camp in
Florida, Deseret Ranches, with holdings of over 312,000 acres in 3 Florida
counties, as well as Farmland Reserve Ind, owning 228,000 acres in Nebraska,
51,600 in Osage County Oklahoma etc. etc.and gave Romney money to buy Bain
Capital. When Ezra Taft Benson, Mormon, was Secretary of Agriculture in the
Eisenhower administration, he heavily promoted animal flesh and dairy products.
12. HIS NETWORK CLEAR CHANNEL PROMOTES ANIMAL SUFFERING
advertised animal flesh constantly on illegally acquired Clear Channel, itself
an illegal network. . Clear Channel stations constantly advertise animal and
fish flesh, eggs and dairy. The US has the highest rate of food ads in the
world. This is correlated to obesity, animal agony, and human disease. In
addition some Clear Channel stations advertise stores selling spring bows and
arrows, the barbaric sport of Paul Ryan. Romney's Clear Channel talk show hosts
with few exceptions cut off animal rights callers.
13. TROPHY HUNTING
It is largely Republicans who belong to the Safari Club, a gathering of rich
trophy hunters who go around the world murdering rare endangered species animals
from helicopters or with highpowered rifles. There is a higher percentage of
Republicans than Democrats who dine on osso buco (the flesh of a baby calf
electroded away from his mother), caviar (eggs ripped from sturgeons), on pate
de foie gras (made by forcefeeding geese with tubes stuck down their throats).
14. GLOBAL HEATING FROM REPUBLICAN POLICIES CAUSES FAMINE, DROUGHT TO ANIMALS AS
WELL AS PEOPLE
Those who like Romney are invested in animal slaughter must be silent about
their correlation to global heating, to famine, drought, many varieties of
cancer, heart attacks and strokes, food poisoning, kidney breakdown, etc.
15. AS HEAD OF BAIN CAPITAL ROMNEY INVESTED IN ANIMAL SLAUGHTER IN SEVERAL WAYS
invested Bain Capital in animal slaughter as its president, CEO and only voting
stock owner. Domino's Pizza is one of the meat purveyors that Romney bought.
16. IN MANY INSTANCES ROMNEY'S CLEAR CHANNEL STATIONS
advertise barbaric bow and arrow stores 14b. Some of them promote hunting by
having weekly or daily hunting shows.
17. HORSE SLAUGHTER
At the request of the Humane Society of the US, PETA, and other groups, Congress
passed a bill reintroducing horse slaughterhouses into the US, since the
transportation of the horses to Mexico and Canada was even worse, with more
cruel slaughterhouse conditions. This was a bipartisan effort about which
animal rights activists have been divided.
18. Unfortunately politics forces us to take sides. Please side with the
innocent voiceless and helpless animals.
The Mormon church to which Romney has given millions, a church which does less
charity than others and which funnels the virtually forced tithing of its
members into more businesses than other churches, helped Romney purchase Bain
Capital and forbids caffein, dioxypurine, but is silent about the far more
harmful and addictive trioxypurine (uric acid, pre-urine) in animal flesh, the
chief cause of crippling arthritis. A US government study comparing Adventists
(a religion promoting vegan diet) to Mormons, since neither group advocates
smoking or drinking. The study found that the average 7th Day Adventist lives 7
years longer than the average Mormon.
Recently a study by Harvard, itself the biggest gobbler of vivisection dollars
from the US Government with an investment portfolio heavily invested in animal
flesh, nevertheless found with a 28 year study of 21,000 people that those who
ate 3 ounces of mammal flesh daily were 13% more likely to die before the study
PAUL RYAN'S RECORD OF HARMING ANIMALS
Ryan is a member of the blood sports caucus of Congress.
Normally psychopathic serial killers like to hide their deeds, but many
bowhunters like Ted Nugent who threatened the life of President Obama recently
and was questioned by the Secret Service like to advertise their sadism. Serial
killers according to FBI and other profilers have had childhoods or young
adulthoods as butchers, hunters, laboratory researchers, or backgrounds as
trained killers in the military. Some bowhunters even form into groups called
"Christian Bowhunters", the diabolical opposite of Jesus, the Good Shepherd. In
the picture above, Rudolph has been slain but it is Ryan who has the red nose.
Rifles are more accurate and less painful than bowhunting. The only reason for
bowhunting is male ego or the desire to inflict pain. Arrow shafts go several
inches into the muscles, the tendons, the eyes, the nose, the testicles or other
parts of deer and other hunted animals. As Eric Mills and others have written,
half of the victims of bowhunters die of gangrene or other effects of unremoved
arrows. A former Cleveland Brown football player who has a talk show has stated
he doesn't like bowhunting. A fawn wandered into his back yard, able to walk on
only 3 legs with an arrow sticking out of the 4th.
Paul Ryan is a noodler. He likes to catch catfish barehanded, a practice illegal
in 38 states. Does he then a. strangle them? b. throw them in a corner slowly to
suffocate c. chop off their heads d. throw them back having harmed them for
Why does he enjoy inflicting pain on helpless voiceless creatures?
Wisconsin has had more acknowledged Mad Deer (cervine spongiform encephalopathy)
than any other state. Stalking hunters have been angered by the very careful
investigation by the natural resources department of the state, to the point
that Republican governor Walker, still in office because of Republican vote
fraud in Wisconsin, and other Wisconsin Republican leaders in the state have
promised to reduce the control of the wildlife department, thus endangering
stalking hunters and everyone else in the state who eats lethally infected
Only 4.5% of our nation kill mammals in blood sport or for meat. Nonegotistical
hunters who want meat for their tables but do not like to cause unnecessary
suffering use rifles not bows and arrows. One deer was seen still alive with 12
arrows sticking into him.
Ryan also in Congress voted against protecting horses as well as opposing
endangered species legislation.
As head of the House budget committee, Ryan engineered hundreds of billions of
dollars at a time to the illegal war in Afghanistan, thereby causing untold
numbers of animals, birds to be crushed by tanks, burned and bombed, etc.
Noodling catfish is illegal in several states. Has Ryan broken the law?
Catfish are bottom feeders, meaning that like shellfish they are coprophagous,
eating the waste of others… to eat them is a good way to contract hepatitis.
Picture is of bowhunter Paul Ryan with a deer he murdered.
Issues2000 does not consider the animal rights movement supported by billions
around the world to be important enough to list. Votesmart says it has no key
votes of Romney on this issue, underlining he has had no federal experience but
ignoring his 4 years as Massachusetts governor.
Whether you want to vote antiwar Libertarian, war ending in 2014 as Obama has
planned or other please vote against Romney. http://garyjohnson2012.com